Home | Schedule | Assignments | Portfolios | Blog | Emerging Bibliography | Resources
English 482: Writing Technologies
Monday/Wednesday 3:30-4:45; Room G13 FLB
VIDEO RECORDING YOUR LITERACY NARRATIVE
Downloading movies can be done a number of ways. Given the time contraints and structure of our lesson plan, I'd like you to collect your video through PhotoBooth.
- Open PhotoBooth.
- Select movie icon on left (third icon on the far right).
- Select movie camera (red button) in center to record. A timer on the left will appear as the camera records.
- Click center button to stop recording.
- Holding down the option key, select your clip and drag it to your desktop and ultimately to your external hard drive. It will have name like “Movie 1.mov.” You may want to change it to a name that you'll easily identify.
PLACING IMAGES IN iMOVIE
While waiting for your turn to record your movie, open iMovie and begin importing your images. To import images,
- Open iMovie
- Drag your images to the project pallette (upper left).
- Your images will have a default Ken Burns effort, 4 seconds of movement.
- Double click each image to pull up the inspector screen. Here you can adjust the duration of image, apply a video effect, adjust the brightness, contrast, and saturation.
- If you click on the little crop tool, in the upper left of image, you can crop images, remove the Ken Burns effect, by selecting "Fit," or adjusting the start and end point of the effect.
Patrick W. Berry
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Office: English 338
Office Phone: 244-1391
Office Hours: Mondays, 11-12, or by appointment